Evangel Week 5: let die and live
Check out the video sermon for week 5 titled "Let Die and Live" here.
Big Idea: Jesus laid down his life for us and invites us to do the same for him.
- What’s the first feeling you have when you see a cross? What about after you think about it?
- What are some of the most popular words we use to describe God? How would you change those words when you think about it being God on the cross?
- How does it feel to think of God as affectable or vulnerable?
Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 and consider the following:
- What is the most prevalent thing people think will ‘save the world today’?
- The mention of Jews and Greeks in this passage is instructive—two predominant worldviews, one focused on morality and the other focused on strength—why do you think the cross is ‘offensive’ to these worldviews?
- If God embraces this ‘folly’ and ‘weakness’, what makes it so hard for us to embrace vulnerability?
- What benefits have you experienced when you embrace vulnerability?